Our Well Mother, Well Baby Program aims to reduce the staggeringly high prevalence of chronic childhood malnutrition in the indigenous lake communities, which currently sits at 53%. By targeting the first 1,000 days of a child's life, Well Mother, Well Baby focuses on a period of crucial physical and cognitive development.
Our six-month targeted intervention provides mothers and their children with regular access to medical professionals, vitamins and antiparasitic medication, and monthly educational workshops on nutrition and hygiene. We empower the women in our program to take control of their child's future, and give them and their families the tools and knowledge they need to fight malnutrition in their communities.
How Well Mother Well Baby operates:
- Mother and child attend nutrition and hygiene workshops led by a nutritionist, traditional indigenous midwife, social workers, and community nurses
- Children are weighed and measured to monitor growth and provide feedback to the mother on their child's nutritional status
- Mothers receive home visits before critical points in their pregnancy or child's life to encourage healthy behaviors and provide an opportunity for the mother to ask questions
- Mother and child receive a nutritional package that includes proteins, fortified carbohydrates, vegetables and fruits, and nutritional supplements
The Well Mother, Well Baby Program is on the front lines in the fight against childhood malnutrition, and gives mothers and their children a new chance at life.
Join us on the front line of the fight against chronic childhood malnutrition.
- A $50 donation will cover the costs of one Well Mother, Well Baby educational session
- A $225 donation will sponsor a woman and her child to go through the full six-month program
- A $3,000 donation will cover six months of food aid costs for 50 children at-risk of developing malnutrition
For more information contact: email@example.com